At Irwin Mitchell, we believe in equal opportunities for all. It’s in our DNA to value people for who they are and what they bring.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where our people can flourish. We work with a diverse range of clients and communities, and we celebrate diversity amongst our colleagues too. We’re passionate about creating a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere for everyone.
We’re committed to constantly improving our diversity and have a number of networking groups to celebrate our people. These groups aim to support those who need a stronger voice, and raise awareness of the challenges they face in society as a whole.
- IM Able - We aim to support colleagues with a disability and those caring for a family member with a disability, through awareness-raising and planning for an inclusive future.
- IM Aspiring - We're committed to our PRIME initiative by supporting school leavers who come from areas of restricted social mobility. We believe in equal opportunities for all, and support those from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- IM Equal - We believe everyone is equal, and welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and straight ally employees to our LGBT+ group. We meet to look at what we've done around LGBT and make plans to help raise awareness of diversity.
- IM Generations - Employees' needs differ depending on their age and the stage of their career. IM Generations focuses on issues related to age and aims to understand the differing priorities, to ensure we're all equal.
- IM Powered - Our gender listening group focuses on issues faced by colleagues in modern life, both at home and work. Everyone's situation is different and there's no such thing as 'conventional'.
- IM Respect - Cultural diversity is fundamental to an integrated workforce and social inclusiveness. IM Respect celebrates and supports the different cultures and faiths of the people we work with.
We’re passionate about continued mental health and wellbeing progress which is why we have over 100 Healthy Mind advocates trained by Mental First Aid England. Our HR team are trained in suicide prevention, we’re members of the Mindful Business and Suicide Prevention Charters. We also have a wellbeing hub with a focus on a holistic approach to wellbeing and our wellbeing approach is aligned to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Our Gender Pay Gap is one of the lowest in our industry and we’re proud to the UK’s number one Law Firm for Female Partners.
We’ve developed policies to help us attract, support and retain transgender colleagues and our LGBTQ+ networking group was highly commended by Stonewall.
Our Diversity Board continues to help shape our Diversity & Inclusion strategy in a way which means we build an inclusive business for everyone.
We're proud to celebrate the diversity of our colleagues, clients and local communities. Find out more about our commitment to diversity & inclusion